The latest privacy news and issues from around the web, all in one place.
Are Businesses Sloppy Or Is Cybercrime On the Rise?Posted on Monday, June 27th, 2011
This article on TechFlash.com points out that “networks are increasingly complex and carry multiple points of connectivity -- companies are connected to vendors, partners and customers -- which require additional scrutiny to ensure all potential access points are secure. This is extremely difficult, so the odds that a company is vulnerable somewhere is extremely high.” The article also includes recent research from the Identity Theft Research Center (ITRC), which has found that more and more companies are revealing that their data has been breached. "It is the opinion of the ITRC that the criminal population is stealing more data from companies, AND data breaches are being more frequently publicized," said the ITRC in a recent report.
receive privacy industry news
- April 01, 2014, Tell Us Your Story: “I Was Hacked” Facebook Series
- Online Privacy For the Twenty-Something Generation
- Online Privacy Q&A With Robert Vamosi, Author of ‘When Gadgets Betray Us’
- New York’s Senator Schumer: Why He’s So Passionate About Wifi Privacy and Other Risky Business Online (Part 2)
- New York’s Senator Schumer: Why He’s So Passionate About Wifi Privacy and Other Risky Business Online (Part 1)
- 2THIS MONTH You Will Get Hacked At the Sochi Olympics
questions + feedback
Have a question or a privacy issue that you'd like us to investigate ? Send an to our editors with your comments.