The latest privacy news and issues from around the web, all in one place.
Fakeout: Phishing Attack on Tumblr, Thousands of Logins StolenPosted on Wednesday, July 6th, 2011
Thousands of Tumblr logins have been compromised after a widespread phishing attack scammed users into handing their information over to an untrustworthy third party. The Huffington Post shares the details, noting that the pages involved are all regular Tumblr users who have previously been compromised. “Once hijacked, their pages are converted into the fake logins and then sent into the world following regular Tumblr accounts. At that point, the phisher hopes those same accounts will visit the fake login, enter their details and keep the cycle going.”
receive privacy industry news
- April 01, 2014, Tell Us Your Story: “I Was Hacked” Facebook Series
- Online Privacy For the Twenty-Something Generation
- Online Privacy Q&A With Robert Vamosi, Author of ‘When Gadgets Betray Us’
- New York’s Senator Schumer: Why He’s So Passionate About Wifi Privacy and Other Risky Business Online (Part 2)
- New York’s Senator Schumer: Why He’s So Passionate About Wifi Privacy and Other Risky Business Online (Part 1)
- 2THIS MONTH You Will Get Hacked At the Sochi Olympics
questions + feedback
Have a question or a privacy issue that you'd like us to investigate ? Send an to our editors with your comments.